Many people are saying that the end of America may be near; both sides in the presidential election claim the end will begin if their opponent is elected. Movies and TV shows have been produced recently depicting a post America world. As bad as the society has become, there are some very good things that have developed, here is my list, in no particular order, with explanation, because many good things go unnoticed:
– Television is not watched nearly…so much as it once was. It is nearly worthless and filled with commercials; the shows are blatantly slanted toward liberalism, anti-christian, anti-family, often vulgar and lewd.
– Home schooling has increased. While it is not for everyone, it is a great freedom for all, and produces some very well-educated excellent future members of society. These teacher/parents will not have poured their time, effort, and love into children who are failures, as do many government-run schools. (This is seldom the teachers fault, but rather the bureaucracy of government education).
– Supporters of Israel represent a significant number of Americans, including very many evangelical christians. Israel is the only democracy in the middle east and a great ally of America, not to mention having perhaps one of the best defense forces in the world, as well as a great intelligence system.
– More babies are born via natural child-birth, with midwifery, and those born in the hospitals, are not treated so much as a medical procedure, as they once were. Consequently, the mortality rate has gone down. Areas still exist that promote various risky pain limiting procedures, and caesarean births have likely increased, but this procedure itself has become more safe.
– Interest in raising a home vegetable garden and eating organic foods seems to have increased. In urban areas small gardens are popular, even raising chickens for eggs is popular in certain urban cities. This is having a good influence on a healthy food supply, as well as creating a more agriculturally knowledgeable generation.
– The sources of news have expanded dramatically. The once dominant television news media has only a fraction of its former audience. This is due in part to its long documented bias, that it now so blatant, so that other objective truthful sources have been necessitated. The truth is good for a free and open society, the coordinated half-truths of the major networks is destructive to any society, just as propaganda of the old USSR was to its people.
– Christianity is growing with churches that practice and promote a biblically based faith. Having a large segment of the population that promotes and practices biblical values, results in citizens who are responsible, honest, law-abiding and moral, with strong families, the very characteristics that make for a great nation, according to history and all the founders of America.
– Faith is still commonplace. A very significant majority of Americans still believe in a supreme being – God. The demise of the society and cultural has yet to wreck the faith of most people.
– Work has changed rapidly, but the younger generations have adapted. Nothing is wrong or dishonorable with manufacturing work, but it is very hard on the body and soul to perform repetitive tasks in a hot, noisy, sometimes noxious environment. New jobs have been developed as a result of market driven forces, which often give the worker more responsibility for his destiny, rather than corporate management. This adaptability and responsibility is a great asset to the nations work force.
– Music with melody, harmony, and intelligible lyrics still thrives. While fads of punk rock, rap, techno, heavy metal, and others have come along, they have mostly gone as well. Each generation seeks to distinguish itself through music expression, which is fine, but these three elements or a combination of them seem to prevail over time; produce memorable multi-generational hits, and embody the songs that stir our souls, irrespective of the genre.
This is not an exhaustive list and while more statistics and justification could be offered, neither the items nor the explanation are intended to be an argument, but rather an encouragement. “So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun; when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him.” (Isaiah 59: 19).